How To Register
Before you begin the registration process, please follow the instructions below to avoid delays in processing your registration.
- Visit the U.S. Soccer Learning Center and create a profile. CREATE ACCOUNT
- Make sure you verify your email, AND your parent's email address (if under 18) within 24 hours of creating a profile.
STEP #1: Complete the online course work.
- Once logged into the Learning Center, select
Courses -> My Courses -> Go to Classroom -> Assignments
- This should display all necessary requirements to be completed (also listed below).
- Background check (if over the age of 18)
- SafeSport (if over the age of 18)
- Intro to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments
- 2024 Digital Referee Training Module
- 2024 Laws of the Game Update
- Upon completion, you will be mailed a badge within the following two weeks. However, you can begin refereeing right away.
- If you encounter any challenges or if you have questions please contact your District Referee Administrator (DRA).
- Find out who your DRA is by following this link.
STEP #2: Get Game Assignments
- Use the following link to find licensed assignors in your area. Reach out them and they'll assign you games.
STEP #3: Mentoring
- The Indiana Soccer Referee Association will work with your assignor to schedule free mentoring on your first game or two. All you'll need to do is share with us when and where you've been assigned: https://forms.gle/EkeSC8JU41v2w59VA
Within 2 weeks of course completion, you will receive your USSF Referee badge in the mail from Official Sports International (OSI). The badge will be sent to the address on file in the US Soccer Learning Center, so make sure that is correct.
Don't forget to buy a uniform, so you are properly prepared for your first game. DISCOUNTED UNIFORM PRICING
New referee faqs